Friday, March 2, 2012

My very FIRST meme!!! :)

The delightful RENATA at http://sunnysidefarmfun.blogspot.com passed these questions on and it looked like some fun........


The (bendable) rules:
You must post these rules.
Each person must post 11 things about herself on his/her blog.
Answer the questions the “tagger” listed for you in her post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
You must choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post.
Go to each blogger’s page and mention that you have tagged
him/her.


Ok I'm going to be a little slack and not tag anyone, but feel free to join in !




1.If you have a faith in the Lord, how did you come to faith?

I came to faith as a child,
my family has a wonderful heritage...
I wish you could have met all my Grandparents!
They were such an inspiration,

if I could be half the woman
my Grandmother was........ 


2. Do you really keep it real on your blog

Have you ever tidied before a photo ?



I try to keep it real ~ although sometimes I might choose NOT to put too scary photo's up!

I try to tell the story as it is.....




3. If you could undo one thing in your past,


what would it be?


I was such a selfish teenager, I probably drove my parents insane.

I would probably have chosen a different UNI course (nursing over teaching).




4. What was your favourite childhood story?



So many to pick from!
I loved it when it was Dad's turn to read to us (Mum used to read to either the older one or the younger ones and Dad read to the other)
He used to read Brer Rabbit, Brer Bear and Brer Fox accents included. Gosh he used to laugh at that naughty rabbit!



5. Favourite flower?


This is a hard question Renata!

How can you choose just one...?

I think it would have to be roses, the fragrance, the colours, shapes, sizes...

Mr Lincon Standard Rose


6. What is something new you've tried in the

 kitchen lately?



c: I'm not trying anything new in my kichen for the next six months
unless it is SUPER healthy
or for Dave ! 
 
I've dried some of our own herbs this year
and it has been so good just to grab a bit
and add it as things are cooking on the stove.

Before Drying

After drying


7. What position do you come in your family ~

 ie are you a firstborn, second etc?



Yep, I'm a middle child! (actually I'm a middle child who had to SHARE the middle).

I'm the one who NEVER got ANYTHING new ;)



:D Did you know that I'm the only one in our family who didn't ever get a brand new bike?



Nah, don't worry about me I'm not suffering at all

- truth be told I most likely wouldn't have enjoyed a bike anyhow!



8. Mary or Martha ~ who do you relate to

more?




I like to sit and listen...
I hope that it is for the right reasons!
~ That I am interested in people and learning about what God is saying........

I pray that it is not because
I am avoiding doing the things I dislike
- like dishes!!
:D   




9. What is a moment that you will never

forget?


Seeing JB for the very first time....



How to "Keep it REAL! :)







10. Favourite Bible verse?

Favourite BIble Verse?
 ~  I have a "family disorder" of NOT BEING ABLE TO CHOOSE!

However, such an encouragement: ~

1 Peter 1:3-9
 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!
According to his great mercy,
he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
to an inheritance that is
imperishable,
undefiled,
and unfading,
kept in heaven for you,
who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
In this you rejoice, though now for a little while,
if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials,
so that the tested genuineness of your faith—
more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Though you have not seen him, you love him.
Though you do not now see him,
you believe in him and rejoice with joy
that is inexpressible
and filled with glory,
obtaining the outcome of your faith,
the salvation of your souls.



11. I've been reading Anne of Green Gables

series; she talks about kindred spirits ~ who


do you think of as a kindred spirit?


I find that there are many who could fit this....
my cousin Rach has always been ready to talk and share,
we grew up together and had the "signals" to come and see each other...(we lived just across the road as kids).
But I think now more than ever before we can be kindred spirits because we are so grounded in our faith
that we can see things in the same perspective.
 Christ tempers how we see things happening around us,
such a previllage to have great chrsitian friends!

11 NEW Questions to answer:
1/ What is the most important thing in your life TODAY?
2/ What season is your favourite and why?
3/ Were you past down a family personality trait? (Do you appreciate it?  :D )
4/ Are you a numbers or a 'wordy' person?
5/ Do you have a quiet place to escape to, tell us about what your dream place would be?
6/ What do you like to read?
7/ What was your best family holiday ever?
8/ Do you have a special memory of your Grandmother?
9/ Who was the most memorable pet?
10/ Do you have a funny story about yourself as you were growing up?
11/ Do you like vegetable growing or flowers?




Come and join us!




1 comment:

  1. Love your answers & I would think of you as a kindred spirit :)
    You were deprived ~ I never got a new bike, always second hand & I'm an eldest :(
    Have fun
    Renata:)

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading what you think about our daily lives! Thanks for reading, Corinne.